Wednesday 2 April 2014

Making My Own Scented Simmering Graunles


I often buy Scented Simmering Granules off the Internet which I love - small granules that are coloured and scented - place 2 tsp in your burner and pop your tea light underneath and as the granules heat up the scent fills the room :)

For me Scented Granules really are a great idea so I decided to make some of my own -


 
so this is what I needed

1 bag of Dishwasher Salt Granules (not flakes)
A choice of scented Oils
and food colouring

I measured on 300 grams of the granules and poured them into a jar and then added the whole bottle of scented oil and then food colouring (as much or as little as you want).

Place the lid on the jar and shake as much as possible so the colour and oil blend very well......line a baking tray with tin foil or baking paper and pour the granules evenly over the surface - let dry in a safe place for 24-48 hours.

Once dried pour the granules carefully back into a clean jar and place on the lid.
 

I made Sweetpea, Lemon and Lime, Bubble Gum and Pear Drops.


I will be sending some for a couple of my friends to try so I spooned some of each scent into little bags and labelled them which looks very nice indeed.

If you like Scented Simmering Granules and what to make your own just go ahead it is so simple :)

Such a lovely Little Project to do with your kiddies :)

Happy Scented Simmering Granules Making !!!!!!!!!!


23 comments:

  1. Oohhhh how cleaver hunny.
    Your just so made to do this buisness, you know your wax, different grade kinds ext, oh gun I have a fab demo of the notes used to make a bar of Scentsy, thanks for the fab idealism I just have to learn blogging hehe ,
    You would make a fab partner, you would get far xxx Well done chick I look forward to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I used to buy similar from a lady years ago. But here were not dry. Hers were actually still quite wet and had oil in container. I loved this. Do you have to dry them out or is leaving a bit of liquid in container ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did your salt ever burn or turn burn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you need some form of insurance to sell these??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi can you use these for oil burners or is this for like drawer pouches etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can use for oil burners thats what they are made for lovely.

      Delete
  6. Hi can you use these for oil burners or is this for like drawer pouches etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much ml of oil to grams of salt??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this but could anyone tell me the amount I should use of Fragrance pills as I have different size bottles

    ReplyDelete
  9. fragrance oil not fragrance pills, sorry spell check!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you get the scent liquid from please x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much fragrance oil do u add n how much colouring do u put in

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where do u buy oils from plz

    ReplyDelete
  13. How meny mls of frangrance to 300gram of salt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Question can you use any supplier fragrance oil please or do you have to use a specific place also how do you know how much fragrance oil to put per 100g say I wanted to make just small 100g bags how would I know how much fragrance oil I would need please

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi so I've used dishwasher salt but done 5ml of oil to 50g of salt didn't work it smelt for about 10nminute but then had a weird smell then I tried coarse sea salt and added 2ml of oil as on a site I found it smells but not strong at all am I using the right salt etc any recommendations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simmering Granules

    We supply candles and associated products into catering and hospitality venues in the UK including hotels, bars, pubs, restaurants, events companies, and spas.


    to get more - https://waxmeltshop.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so gonna try this i make a lot of wax melts and wanted to try something different

    ReplyDelete